Interhack news from the year 2008.
- December 12, 2008
- Matt Curtin and Lee Ayres will address the Cleveland
chapter of Infragard on the topic Digital Forensics: Beyond the
Tools, about what forensic investigators need
even more than software tools to analyze forensic
- December 9, 2008
- Matt Curtin and Lee Ayres present Using Information to Focus
Resources: When, Why and How to Use Computer
Experts to the Columbus Bar Association.
- December 5, 2008
- Matt Curtin will lead a discussion on the topic of
e-discovery and public
records requests at a monthly
meeting of CIOs and IT Directors in Delaware, Ohio.
- November 20, 2008
- Matt Curtin and Chris Shiflet will present Electronic Evidence in
Criminal Defense to the Columbus Bar
Association in Columbus, Ohio.
- November 14, 2008
- Matt Curtin and Chris Shiflet will present When to Hire a Computer
Expert Witness to the Columbus Bar Association
in Columbus, Ohio.
- October 29, 2008
- Interhack Senior Analyst Lee Ayres proposes
a naming scheme for computer security breaches, when he
presents a peer-reviewed scientific
paper, soon to be published in the I/S
Journal. The event is at University of Findlay's
Center for Information Assurance Education (CIAE) in
- October 9, 2008
- Interhack Senior Analyst Lee Ayres is
presenting the research paper A Comparative Analysis
of Three Years of Breach Reports by Breach Type and
Industry at The Ohio State University's October Security Day
event, in Columbus, Ohio.
- September 30–October 1, 2008
- Interhack will be a sponsor of the Ohio Digital Government Summit
at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus,
Ohio, with its expanded second day designated as the
Ohio Privacy and Security Summit. Those in attendance
will include 450–550 key state and local
- September 25, 2008
- Matt Curtin plays the role of expert witness at ASTAR's 2008 event at The
Ohio State University.
- September 11, 2008
- Christopher Shiflet
joins Interhack as a Specialist.
- July 15, 2008
- Matt Curtin shows how cultivating personal humility
helps to build successful organizations in Building a Successful
Organization, presented to the Capital Square
Rotary Club at Athletic Club of Columbus on July 15,
- July 14, 2008
- Matt Curtin speaks to the Dayton Bar Association on
Tech 101: What Every
Lawyer Should Know About Information Technology and
- May 28, 2008
- Interhack founder Matt Curtin speaks to attorneys at
the Lake County Bar Association in Painesville, Ohio, on
the topic Electrons Are the New
- May 15–16, 2008
- Interhack returns to the Ohio State Bar
Association's annual convention in Columbus, Ohio, where
the company will showcase its forensic computing
capabilities, featuring the ability of its computing
experts to analyze and explain data in litigation.
- May 13–14, 2008
- As a continuing supporter of Emerging Trends in
Fraud Investigation and Prevention conference, Interhack
returns to the eighth annual conference in Columbus,
Ohio, where it will feature information on its
electronic discovery and forensic computing services.
- May 5, 2008
- Matt Curtin speaks to state appellate judges at the
Wisconsin Appellate Court Specialty Seminar in Waukesha,
Wisconsin, on the topic, Electrons Are the New
- April 24, 2008
- On April 24, 2008, Interhack founder Matt Curtin
speaks to the Columbus Bar Association in Columbus,
Ohio, on the topic Paper
As Obsolete: What Every Lawyer Should Know About
Information Technology and E-Discovery.
- April 23–25, 2008
- Interhack showcases its Forensic Computing practice
at the 2008 Spring Conference for the Association of
Inspectors General in Columbus, Ohio, sponsored by the
Ohio Inspector General's Office.
- March 18, 2008
- Matt Curtin and Keith Fricke present a hands-on incident response drilling
method at the Ohio Information Security
- February 20, 2008
- Lee Ayres and Matt Curtin present their Taxonomy of Recent Data
Losses to the Central Ohio Chapter of ISSA.
- January 26–30, 2008
- Interhack is to exhibit at the forty-fourth mid-year
meeting of the Association for Continuing Legal
Education (ACLEA) in Henderson, Nevada, where it will
present Interhack's forensic computing experts and
presentations to an audience of continuing legal
- January 16, 2008
- Matt Curtin presents a three-hour CLE program Tech 101: Electrons Are the New
Paper to the Warren County Bar Association.