Interhack news from the year 2003.
- December 18, 2003
- Interhack has been nominated as Outstanding Startup Business for the 2003 Top CAT Awards.
- December 3, 2003
- Interhack announces its HIPAA Security Rule Implementation offerings.
- November 5, 2003
- Matt Curtin will moderate the
Executive Panel Discussion at the November
2003 Central Ohio ISSA chapter meeting.
- October 22, 2003
- Pete Ware will discuss, “Educational Background for Information Assurance” at Information Assurance 2003.
- October 8, 2003
- Interhack opens its Forensic Computing Forum free of charge.
- October 7, 2003
- Matt Curtin presents, “Confessions of a Hacker” at a meeting of The Ohio State University chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery.
- September 27, 2003
- Eugene Sandulenko presents,
“Common Myths on
Common Lisp” at the second annual OSDN
- September 15, 2003
- Interhack announces its HIPAA Security Rule Training.
- September 2, 2003
- Pete Ware is awarded the designation of CISSP.
- August 22, 2003
- Matt Curtin speaks on the discovery of electronic evidence at “Litigation in Cyberspace Version 2.0,” a public practice CLE in Columbus.
- August 11, 2003
forum comes online, providing valuable discussion of
Security Rule implementation.
- July 25, 2003
- Interhack sponsors
to be held September 30-October 2.
- July 18, 2003
- www.ohiohipaa.org comes online with support from Interhack.
- June 23, 2003
- Interhack's corporate brochure wins the Bronze Quill Award for Technical Writing from the IABC Columbus.
- June 20, 2003
- Dissecting recent fraud targeted against eBay (and, more recently, Best Buy) users, Interhack's technical report "Anatomy of Online Fraud" is now available for download.
- June 16-17, 2003
- In partnership with Garcia & Associates, Interhack presents its course on Forensic Computing in Columbus, Ohio.
- May 13, 2003
- Relying in part on forensic computing work performed by Interhack, the First Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals rules that Web URIs can contain protected "contents" under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- May 12, 2003
- A California Law set to take effect July 1, 2003 seeks to stem the tide of identity theft. There is a better strategy than throwing security products at it.
- May 9, 2003
- Matt Curtin will present, "Communication: The Key to Fraud Prevention," at the 2003 Emerging Trends in Fraud conference in Columbus, Ohio.
- April 23, 2003
- "Is Network Security an Oxymoron?" will be the topic of Matt Curtin's presentation to the Central Ohio Chapter of the ACM.
- March 31--April 2, 2003
- Interhack joins the Ohio Health Information Management Association, exhibiting its 2003 annual meeting, and supporting its scholarship fund.
- March 18, 2003
- The first relese of Interhack's HIPAA Security HyperRule is made available for online use, free of charge.
- February 25, 2003)
- Interhack proudly continues its sponsorship of the Columbus INFOSEC Forum. Our topic is Making Security a Team Effort.
- February 6, 2003
- Matt Curtin will join other local experts in a panel at the February 6, 2003 meeting of the Security Working Group (SECWOG) at The Ohio State University.
- February 4, 2003
- Interhack scientist Pete Ware discusses the potential role of wireless networking in identity theft with WBNS-10TV's Roger McCoy.
- February 3, 2003
- Matt Curtin discusses Avoiding Vulnerability to Worms in The Columbus Dispatch.
- January 13-15, 2003
- Interhack will exhibit at the HIPAA Road Map in Columbus, Ohio.
- January 7, 2003
- Interhack releases Information Security: Friend or Foe?, an introduction to information security for the health care industry.